BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Restore the Roar

Restore the Roar

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

28 Up 28 Down

jim joyce fail

Armando Galarraga became the 21st pitcher in the history of Major League Baseball to throw a perfect game tonight. What makes Armando’s perfect game a little bit odd, is the fact that he did it with 28 outs.

Jim Joyce, who was the 1st base Ump for tonight’s game, made one of the WORST calls in baseball history. With 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th inning, Joyce proceeded to call Cleveland Shortstop Jason Donald safe, when he was out by a full step.

Armando was brilliant tonight, and I don’t care what MLB says, this was a perfect game. Nothing will ever change that.

I waited about an hour after the game ended to write this, My anger has subsided but I am left with an empty feeling. Not only did the Tigers need some magic, but hell the State of Michigan could also use a bit of magic. However it was not to be on this night. Or maybe it was, I think in 10 years I’ll honestly look back on today’s game as a piece of perfection. And Fuck You Bud Selig if you disagree with me.

0 comments: