BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Restore the Roar

Restore the Roar

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Comeback Kids Strike Again

Well once again Brian Bannister baffled the Tigers lineup for 6+ innings. And once again Late in the game the offense roared to life(you see what I did there?).

Bannister shut the tigers down for the first 6 innings of this game. Giving up only two hits. However in the 7th everything changed and the Tigers stormed back to take a 6-5 victory. That puts the Tigers at 6-2 with a chance to be 7-2 before there long west coast swing.

I’m not going to break down the performance of the team today. I haven’t the energy to go back and re-watch the game. But I do have a couple of thoughts…

Dontrelle Willis looks like he is back. Yes his control is not perfect, and yes he gave up 4 earned in 5 innings of work. Yet the D-Train looks like his stuff is good again. When he misses he doesn’t miss by 4 feet.

Gerald Laird had a couple of hits today which is a good thing. However Posednik had a stolen base off of him and Willis. If its not offense its defense I guess.

Could the Tigers asked for a better start to 2010? I’m going to go out on a limb and say no. I’ll see you all with a recap tomorrow night, followed by a preview of the Mariners. See you then.

0 comments: