BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Restore the Roar

Restore the Roar

Sunday, April 18, 2010

It feels so good to be back

So I’ve got to apologize to my readers for my absence. I’ve had a very busy week which capped off with a trip to Ann Arbor for the University of Michigan Spring Game. You can read all about my trip here.

The Tigers kicked off a very tough early season west coast swing. After losing two of three to Kansas City the Big Cats rolled into Seattle where they promptly lost the first two games of the series. Thankfully I missed most of both of these games, although I did see a little bit of Verlander’s performance and he looked pretty good.

Today I arrived home in enough time to turn on FSD-HD and watch Max Scherzer and the Tigers beat the Mariners 4-2. Scherzer looked impressive, going 6 innings, striking out 4 while only walking 1. This was a good outing for the young righty.

The Tigers scoring started with Miguel Cabrera’s 3 run homer in the top of the 3rd. That was all until Austin Jackson singled home a run in the top of the 8th.

Tigers offense continues to suck. They have been outscored 61-58 this year. They continue to strand way to many runners, I’m not quite ready to call for Lloyd McClendon’s head just yet….but its coming. These guys just can’t seem to hit when there is runners in scoring position.

The bullpen continues to be very good, which they have to be with the starter not going especially deep into games. I’m still hoping for .500 on this road trip, but if they continue to hit like they have it will be more like .250.

I’ll be back tomorrow with a preview of LA.

0 comments: